This senior role prioritises our high value clients in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and carries selected internal departmental responsibilities. It is expected that you will travel to your clients from time to time and attend trade fairs representing the company and its values to your portfolio of clients. You are the first point of contact for these clients and have responsibility for their performance and satisfaction.
Company values: Partnership, Respect, Inspiration, Passion
- Understanding and developing a strong commercial relationship with client at all levels. Holding both high level and daily relationships within the client organisation. Being the trusted ‘go to supplier’ for the client.
- Understanding the market and the competitive landscape and pressures, and working with the client to grow their business and our business with them.
- Understanding the clients’ sales cycle ensuring we are quoting for the right business at the right time in order to maximise our share of the clients’ overall business and to help grow the clients’ overall business.
- Meeting our clients’ requirements and matching this information with our product base to ensure that the best possible itinerary is planned and that opportunities for increasing sales revenue are maximised by suggesting additional services. Also ensuring that the client is satisfied and repeats sales to us as the preferred supplier.
- Creating touring itineraries with your clients, in order to gain sales and a competitive advantage in the market. (Liaising with the client and colleagues internally and your line manager)
- Ensuring price and margin of our offer is competitive and profitable, within the company's pricing guidelines
- Ensuring that the details of your portfolio of clients are effectively recorded in the company CRM and reporting systems
- Taking leading responsibility in the department and deputising for the line manager as appropriate, in preparation for your own promotion to the next level and to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience
- fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
- over two years successful Account Development experience
- being commercially aware, able/willing to sustain commercial professional relationships
- being achievement focussed, and/or sales driven
- being client focused, friendly and diplomatic,
- strong positive communication skills; empathy
- creativity: being able to develop new ideas, work with clients and internal stakeholders to deliver on ideas
- ability to prioritise and manage yourself and client requirements and manage team tasks/responsibilities
- a commitment to deliver results
- a strong sales background preferably in the groups or small groups division
- a knowledge of our destinations Great Britain and Ireland
- a willingness to assume more responsibility and grow in your role
- a desire to be the best for yourself and your clients and your team